Creamy Blueberry Pie Recipe with Sweet Streusel Topping
Fats domino isn’t the only one who found a little magic in a berry patch. Richie Cunningham, Little Richard and even Led Zeppelin also discovered ecstasy among the juicy purple orbs – and you can too. Hum along as you prepare this foolproof, sweet crisp-topped pie, so luscious it’ll make the moon stand still.
Bite Me Bit
“We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.”
-David Mamet, 'Boston Marriage'
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup melted margarine
Creamy Blueberry Filling
4 cups fresh blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp kosher salt
2 large eggs, gently whisked
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
3 tbsp margarine
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
2) For the crust, in a medium bowl, combine graham crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Add margarine and mix until well blended. Press the mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Bake for 8 minutes and set aside to cool.
3) For the filling, in a large bowl, gently stir together blueberries, sugar, flour, lemon zest and salt. Gently fold in eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Spoon mixture into graham crust.
4) For the topping, in a small bowl, combine flour and sugar. Using a fork, mix in margarine until crumbly. Spread topping over the pie filling.
5) Bake 40-45 minutes until lightly browned on top. Cool for at least 1 hour before serving.