The BLD (breakfast, lunch & dinner) Burger Recipe
Ok, folks. We know this behemoth burger won't win any nutritional awards but it scores big time for deliciousness. And hey, it's practical. For breakfast, it includes the rise-and-shine fried egg. For lunch, gooey grilled cheese sandwiches stand in for the boring bun, and, for dinner, we've got the lettuce and tomato salad. One burger, 3 meals covered.
2½ lbs medium ground beef
½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp kosher salt
Grilled Cheese Bun
24 slices of thinly sliced white bread
12 slices cheddar cheese
12 tbsp butter, softened
Sunny Side Up
2 tbsp butter
6 large eggs
Tomato and lettuce, for garnish
Bite Me Bit
"When people pile seven things onto one burger, it drives me nuts!"
1) For the burgers, divide the meat into six 6-ounce portions. Gently form each portion into a round burger, about ¾-inch thick, careful not to overmix the meat. Season both sides of burgers with ½ tsp kosher salt.
2) Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle skillet with remaining ¼ tsp salt. Place burgers in a skillet and cook 4-5 minutes per side, until slightly charred.
3) While the burgers are cooking, prepare the grilled cheese buns by placing 1 slice of cheddar between 2 slices of bread. Spread softened butter on both sides of sandwich. Heat a frying pan over medium heat and cook 2 minutes until underside is golden brown. Flip and cook 1-2 minutes more. Remove from pan.
4) For each fried egg, heat a non-stick pan over high heat. Add 1 tsp butter in the center of the pan and let it melt. Crack the egg into the pan over the melted butter. Cook 2 minutes for runny yolk or 2 minutes for slightly firmer. Remove from pan.
5) To assemble, place 1 grilled cheese sandwich on a plate. Top with cooked burger, fried egg, lettuce, tomato and finish off with another grilled cheese sandwich. Serve immediately.
best hamburger recipes,
egg on your burger,
grilled cheese burger,
recipes kids will love,