Grilled Chicken Teriyaki Recipe
Our mission is to make your life easier and that's why we're giving you this simple grilled teriyaki chicken recipe. Why then are we telling you how to make teriyaki sauce from scratch versus buying it? You’ll never achieve the lustrous teri (sheen) when you yaki (grill) with preservative-laden bottled versions. our perfectly balanced easy and delicious sauce is a tasty payoff for 10 minutes’ work.
3/4 cup mirin
1 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup sugar
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp grated fresh ginger
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsp water
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 tsp olive oil
2 large red bell peppers, cubed
1 large yellow pepper, cubed
Bite Me Bit
"Domo Arigato , Mr. Roboto"
1) For the sauce, in a medium saucepan, bring mirin to a boil over medium heat. Reduce to low and simmer for 8 minutes. Add soy sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil and ginger, whisking to combine.
2) In a small bowl, stir together cornstarch and water. Add to saucepan, turn heat to high and continue to whisk until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
3) Place chicken in a bowl and toss with 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
4) Heat grill to medium-high and oil the grill grate. Remove chicken from marinade (discard used marinade) and grill 6-8 minutes per side or until cooked through. Allow chicken to sit a few minutes before slicing on the bias.
5) In a large skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Add peppers and stir fry for 3 minutes. Add sliced chicken and 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce, heating through. Store leftover teriyaki sauce in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.