Mini Chai Cinnamon Bun Cheesecakes
Never have we been more excited for tea time…this decadent dessert, mini Chai Cinnamon Bun Cheesecakes, gives it all new meaning. Perched atop a buttery chai tea-infused crust is a velvety smooth cheesecake that's filled with a cinnamon, brown sugar mix (think cinnamon bun) and finished with a cream cheese drizzle.
Bite Me Bit
"Where there's tea, there's hope."
– Arthur Wing Pinero
6 tbsp butter, softened
¾ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup DAVIDs Pure Chai Tea, brewed and cooled
1¾ cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp kosher salt
3 (8oz each) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp flour
1 cup brown sugar
¼ cup butter, softened
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
Cream Cheese Drizzle
¼ cup cream cheese, room temperature
2 tbsp butter, softened
1 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp milk
1) Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line 24 muffin tins with cupcake liners and coat lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
2) For the chai crust, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla and chai tea, mixing until incorporated. On low speed, add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix just until combined. Spread a small spoonful of batter on the bottom of each cupcake liner and set aside.
3) For the cheesecake filling, using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and sugar. Beat at medium speed until well combined. Add eggs on low speed, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, cream and flour, mixing until smooth and creamy.
4) For the cinnamon filling, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Mix until thoroughly combined.
5) To assemble, on the bottom of each cheesecake crust, place ½ teaspoon of cinnamon filling. Fill each cup with the cheesecake mixture and sprinkle remaining cinnamon filling over top of each one. Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, reduce heat to 275ºF and continue to bake 15 minutes more. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before topping with cream cheese drizzle.
6) For the cream cheese drizzle, using an electric mixer, cream together cream cheese, butter, icing sugar and milk until well combined. Drizzle over top and refrigerate before serving.
Yield: 24 Cinnamon Bun Cheesecakes