JELL-O Eyeball Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Feast your eyes (and stomachs!) on these perfect-for-Halloween JELL-O Eyeball Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes, complete with spooky, wiggly and jiggly berry eyes atop smooth and creamy individual cheesecake cups!
Bite Me Bit
"Hold on, man. We don't go anywhere with 'scary,' 'spooky,' 'haunted,' or 'forbidden' in the title."
-Shaggy, from Scooby Doo
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tbsp brown sugar
4 tbsp melted butter
2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
¾ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
1 tbsp flour
½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch kosher salt
2 cups sour cream
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 package (3oz/85g) Berry Blue JELL-O Jelly Powder
4 tbsp unflavored gelatin
1½ cups boiling water
Black decorating gel, for eyeballs
Red decorating gel, for eyeballs
1) Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line muffin tins with 18 cupcake liners and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
2) For the crust, in a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter. Stir together with a fork until well blended. Press a heaping spoonful of the mixture into the bottom of each cupcake line. Set aside.
3) For the cheesecake, using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese and sugar. Beat at medium speed until well combined. Add eggs on low speed, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla, pumpkin puree, flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt mixing until smooth and creamy. Fill each cup with the cheesecake mixture and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 275ºF and continue to bake 15 minutes more. Remove from oven, increase heat to 350ºF and let mini cheesecakes cool slightly.
4) Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk sour cream, sugar and vanilla together. Top each cheesecake with sour cream mixture and return to oven for 6-8 minutes. Let cool completely and refrigerate before garnishing.
5) For the JELL-O eyeballs, lightly grease egg dish molds, or any eyeball-shaped small bowl in your kitchen. Combine JELL-O and gelatin in a bowl. Add boiling water and whisk to completely dissolve. Pour a small amount into each mold and refrigerate until set.
6) Using the black decorating gel, place a small dot in the center of each pumpkin cheesecake. Remove JELL-O eyeballs from old and place the eyeball over the pupil, using the red decorating gel create squiggly veining around the eyeball. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 18 mini cheesecakes