Mascarpone Brownie Cups
Valentine's Day is all about treating the ones you love to some indulgence so if you're looking for the perfect Valentine's Day dessert, you've found it with these creamy Mascarpone Brownie Cups.
This year we came up with a sweet treat featuring the delectable Tre Stelle MASCARPONE. Mascarpone is a rich, fresh triple-crème related to cream cheese and ricotta. One of the great things about Mascarpone is the endless versatility it offers. It can be used as a breakfast bread topping with fruit, jam or honey, it adds creaminess and body to pastas and risottos, it’s a great base for dips and sauces, and wraps up a dinner in a multitude of dessert recipes. But for Valentine's Day, we had to go with something sweet and chocolatey! We created a moist brownie, stacked it between layers of creamy coffee Mascarpone filling and topped it with a crunchy chocolate coffee brittle to construct these Brownie Cups that are actually quite easy to make. And the end result is so impressive, you'll look like a star. So forget store-bought cupcakes, it's time to get back into the kitchen and have some fun whipping up these delicious desserts.
For more great tasting recipe ideas, visit trestelle.ca
This is a sponsored post written by Bite Me More on behalf of TRE STELLE. All opinions are 100% our own.
Bite Me Bit
I don't understand why Cupid was chosen to represent Valentine's Day. When I think about romance, the last thing on my mind is a short, chubby toddler coming at me with a weapon.
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup Tre Stelle MASCARPONE cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup strong coffee, cooled
1 cup flour
1 cup cocoa powder, sifted
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp kosher salt
Chocolate Coffee Brittle, to garnish
½ cup coarsely chopped coffee beans
1 ½ cups semi sweet chocolate, melted
Coffee Mascarpone Filling
1(250g) container Tre Stelle MASCARPONE cheese, room temperature
½ cup icing sugar
2 tbsp instant coffee
1 tbsp boiling water
1 cup whipped topping, divided
1) For the brownies, preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 13x9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line the pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl whisk melted butter, sugar and brown sugar. Whisk in Mascarpone cheese until well combined. Add vanilla extract, eggs and coffee continuing to whisk until smooth. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir just until flour has disappeared.
2) Spread into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Once cool, refrigerate until ready to assemble.
3) While the brownies are baking prepare the chocolate coffee brittle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Stir coffee beans into melted chocolate and spread evenly onto the parchment paper. Refrigerate until firm and break into small pieces. Refrigerate until ready to garnish.
4) For the coffee Mascarpone filling, in a medium bowl whisk Mascarpone and icing sugar together. In a separate small bowl, dissolve the instant coffee in boiling water cool slightly and add to Mascarpone whisking well. Whisk ½ cup whipped topping into the mixture until combined. Fold remaining ½ cup whipped topping into the coffee Mascarpone filling.
5) To assemble, using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut the brownies into rounds and slice them in half horizontally. Place one half of the brownie in the bottom of a glass serving cup. Top with 2 tablespoons of coffee Mascarpone filling. Place other brownie half on top of the filling and spoon 2 more tablespoons of filling over the brownie. Garnish with pieces of brittle. Can be covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.