Poor bespectacled Jan Brady. She used lemon juice to lighten her freckles and get more boyfriends like the porcelain-skinned, man-magnet, Marcia. Seemed crazy but turns out, the kid was on to something.
After doing a little “research” (nb: In the event you thought we are, we’re not medical or aesthetics professionals) online, we’ve discovered the greatest beauty secrets are nestled between the crackers and Lucky Charms.
Here are some tips, treatments and tricks you can put to the test:
- Fades discolored elbows, lightens age spots and whitens fingernails.
- Mix juice of 1/2 lemon with 1 tsp honey to relieve a
- To stop bleeding from a small cut, dampen a plain tea bag in cold water, wring it out and then press against the cut to slow the blood flow.
- Puffy eyes? Soak 2 tea bags, place in freezer for a few minutes and then place on eyes.
- Stop the snorer by having him/her sip a bit of olive oil before sleep.
- Use olive oil in place of shaving cream for a close, moisturizing shave.
- Dab a little olive oil under your eyes to remove eye
makeup rinse off with a washcloth.
- Dust underarms with baking soda in place of deodorant (nb: try this in the safety of your own home, not at the gym).
- Stir 1/2 tsp baking soda into 1/2 cup water and drink as an antacid.
- Make a baking soda and water paste to brush and whiten your teeth.
- Zap zits with a mixture of 3 tbsp honey and 1 tsp cinnamon. Apply paste before bedtime and wash next morning with warm water.
- Cut a lime in 1/2 and rub against forehead to stop a throbbing headache.
- Spritz vodka on your body (and in your mouth) as an insect repellant.
- Add 3 tbsp of vodka to a 12oz bottle of shampoo for healthier hair.
- After shampooing, pour a bottle of beer on your hair
and briefly rinse with water.
- Use 2 beaten yolks as a hair conditioner – massage into hair, wrap head in shower cap and warm towel, wait 30 minutes and then rinse and shampoo.
- For oily skin, mix 2 egg whites with a touch of lemon juice and honey for a face mask.
- Mix egg whites and oatmeal as an exfoliating mask.
- For a hair conditioning treatment, apply 1/2 cup warm mayonnaise to your hair, wrap head in a shower cap and warm towel, wait 15 minutes and then rinse and shampoo.
- To lighten circles under your eyes, wrap raw, grated potato in cheesecloth. Apply to area beneath eyes for
15 minutes and then wipe away residue.
Cheers to all you Natural Beauties!