EASY BREAKFAST RECIPE - Breakfast Sandwiches 3 Ways
For all the early birds and the not-so early birds, we have a breakfast that`s worth waking up for – our 3 Ultimate Breakfast Sandwiches! They`ll give you the energy you need to start your day, cure any hangover and they`re just plain delicious. So save that granola bar and yogurt for another day!
SPINACH, BACON & EGG CROISSANT SANDWICH
1 tbsp butter
4 eggs, lightly whisked
¼ cup milk
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
4 croissants, sliced open
Large handful baby spinach
4 slices cooked bacon
4 slices cheddar cheese
1) To prepare eggs, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add to the skillet and cook by lifting and folding the eggs until just cooked through.
2) To assemble sandwiches, place spinach on the bottom half of the croissant, top with cooked bacon, scrambled eggs and sliced cheese. Can be prepared ahead and wrapped in aluminum foil. When ready to serve heat in a 350ºF oven until cheese melts and is heated through.
OPEN-FACED STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE WAFFLE SANDWICH
2 cups flour
2 tbsp sugar
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
2 eggs, lightly whisked
1½ cups warm milk
1/3 cup melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 (8oz) container whipped cream cheese
¼ cup sugar
¼ tsp vanilla extract
Sliced fresh strawberries, for garnish
Graham cracker crumbs, for garnish
Whipped topping, for garnish
1) For the waffle, preheat waffle iron. In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. Stir just until moistened. Cook in waffle iron until golden brown and cooked through.
2) For the cheesecake spread, in a small bowl, whisk cream cheese, sugar and vanilla extract.
3) To assemble, spread cheesecake mixture on one side of a warm waffle. Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs and top with fresh sliced strawberries. Spoon whipped topping over strawberries and finish with a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs.
HUEVOS RANCHERO BREAKFAST SANDWICH
1 tsp olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 bagel, sliced and toasted
2 tbsp refried beans
2 tbsp mashed avocado
Squeeze of fresh lime juice
Pinch kosher salt
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
2 tbsp shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
1 tbsp salsa
1) In a small skillet, heat olive oil over low heat. Crack egg in pan and cook slowly until white is firm and yellow is beginning to firm but is still soft.
2) To assemble, spread refried beans on the bottom half of the toasted bagel, spread mashed avocado and top with a squeeze of lime juice, pinch of salt and pinch of crushed red pepper flakes. Place fried egg on top, sprinkle with shredded cheese and finish with a spoon of salsa.
Serves 1 More