EASY DINNER HACK - Zesty Chicken and Rice Skillet Recipe
This Zesty Chicken and Rice Skillet recipe has everything you need for a delicious weeknight dinner! It`s super quick and easy and it beats calling the pizza guy. So pick up a can of Campbell`s Condensed Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup and get ready to get cooking.
2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
4 (about 1 lb/ 454 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (284 mL) Campbell`s® Condensed Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
1 3/4 cups (435 mL) water
2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
1/2 tsp (3 mL) black pepper (optional)
1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried Italian seasoning
3/4 cup (185 mL) long grain white rice or brown rice (8- to10-minute quick-cooking variety)
3 cups (750 mL) fresh baby spinach
2 cups (500 mL) grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1) Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 4 minutes per side until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
2) Stir in garlic cook, stirring, 30 seconds until fragrant.
3) Stir in soup, water, lemon juice, pepper (optional) and Italian seasoning bring to a simmer, stirring often.
4) Stir in rice. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
5) Top with spinach and half of the tomatoes. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until spinach is wilted and rice is tender. Remove from heat let stand, covered, for 2 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
6) Top rice mixture with chicken and sprinkle with remaining tomatoes.
Top with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Don`t like spinach? Use thinly sliced peppers, carrots or mushrooms! More