EASY SUMMER RECIPE - How to Make Flank Steak Fajitas
Hello summer, we MEAT again! Nothing better than enjoying our Flank Steak Fajitas under the warm sun with family and friends. If you don`t make it at your next barbecue, it`ll be be a huge MISTEAK!
2 lb flank steak
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp brown sugar
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp kosher salt
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow pepper, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
1 medium yellow onion, halved and sliced
12-14 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas
1 ripe avocado, sliced
Fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, chopped
1) Place the flank steak in a large sealable plastic bag. For the marinade, in a small bowl, whisk olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Reserve 2 tablespoons of marinade and pour remaining marinade over flank steak, seal bag and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
2) While the flank steak marinates, combine sliced peppers and onions with remaining marinade. Refrigerate until ready to cook.
3) Let flank steak come to room temperature before cooking. When ready to cook, preheat grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil grill grates. Remove meat from marinade and place on grill. Grill 5-6 minutes, flip and cook 5 minutes more until cooked through. Transfer meat to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes.
4) Heat a large skillet over high heat and add pepper and onion mixture. Cook 5 minutes until peppers and onions are slightly charred. Remove from skillet and set aside.
5) When ready to assemble, thinly slice flank steak against the grain. Place steak down the center of each tortilla, top with pepper and onion mixture followed by sliced avocado, salsa and parsley. Roll tortilla and serve immediately.
Serves 6 More