EASY THANKSGIVING DESSERT - Apple Pumpkin Pie Recipe
While turkey, stuffing and sweet potatoes always have a place at our table, we remain super stoked for the main event…yes, pumpkin pie. Our Apple Pumpkin Pie is a collision between two classic desserts, whereby a flaky crust is lined with perfectly caramelized apples, topped with a super creamy ‘n dreamy pumpkin pie filling and finished with a sweet, buttery crumble.
1¼ cups flour
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp kosher salt
½ cup butter, cold
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
¼ cup ice cold water
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ground ginger
2 cups pure pumpkin puree
1 ¼ cups Carnation® Evaporated Milk
½ cup sugar
¼ cup brown sugar
1 tbsp flour
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp kosher salt
¾ cup quick-cooking oats
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup butter, cubed
Whipped cream, for garnish if desired
1) Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2) For the crust, in a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt. Using your hands or a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs. Gradually drizzle apple cider vinegar and cold water over flour mixture. Toss the mixture with a fork to moisten, until the dough comes together. Gently gather dough into a ball and refrigerate for 30 minutes before rolling out.
3) On a floured work surface, roll dough out into a circle that is 1-inch larger all around than an upside-down 9-inch pie plate. Ease dough into pie plate and fold overhanging dough under itself to form a rim. Transfer to refrigerator while preparing the filling.
4) For the apples, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples, sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Cook until apples just begin to soften, 2-3 minutes. Cool slightly and spoon into the bottom of prepared crust.
5) For the pumpkin filling, in a large bowl, whisk pumpkin puree, Carnation Evaporated Milk, eggs, sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Pour over apple mixture. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes. While the pie is baking prepare the streusel topping.
6) For the streusel topping, in a medium bowl, combine oats and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Remove pie from oven and sprinkle topping evenly over pie. Bake 22-24 minutes longer. Remove from oven and cool for 30 minutes. Refrigerate 4 hours to chill completely.
Serve and garnish with whipped cream if desired.
Serves 8-10 More