Frozen Chocolate, Banana and Peanut Butter Pie
Elvis was able to swivel his hips and make women bawl, but really, he was just your average Joe, a guy who loved peanut butter and banana sandwiches. This pie is our hunka-hunka-freezing-love tribute to him – a simple, velvety smooth icebox pie that would surely have elicited a “thank you, thank you very much” from the Pelvis.
Bite Me Bit
“I’d just like to be treated like a regular customer.”
Vanilla Wafer Crust
1¼ cups finely ground vanilla wafer cookies (about 35)
¼ cup melted butter
2 tbsp sugar
Chocolate, Peanut Butter & Banana Filling
1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate, melted
3 large bananas, sliced
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup smooth peanut butter
½ cup cream cheese, softened
½ tsp vanilla extract
4 cups frozen dessert topping, defrosted
½ cup chocolate sundae syrup, for topping
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
2) For the crust, in a medium bowl, combine vanilla crumbs, butter and sugar. Press against the bottom and sides of the pie plate to form a crust. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely before filling.
3) Cover the bottom of the crust with the melted chocolate and arrange banana slices on top of chocolate.
4) In an electric mixer, cream together brown sugar, peanut butter, cream cheese and vanilla on medium speed until smooth. Gently fold in whipped topping and spread over bananas. Drizzle top with chocolate sundae syrup.
5) Cover pie with plastic wrap and place in freezer for at least 3 hours before serving. For easier cutting, remove from freezer 10 minutes before serving.