Mom's Lemon Chicken Recipe
This Lemon Chicken Recipe is, much like our Mom, the hands-down best. Why is it among our most-requested recipes? Perhaps it's because the chicken is marinated in white wine and lemon juice, or that it's topped with a sprinkle of brown sugar or, it could be because it's baked in a citrus broth mixture to juicy perfection. You better stock up on lemons because this Lemon Chicken is going to become a weeknight staple.
For more delicious baked chicken recipes to shake up your dinnertime routine, CLICK HERE!
Bite Me Bit
“I believe if life gives you lemons, make lemonade...then find someone that life gave vodka to and have a party.”
– Ron White
3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup dry white wine
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup flour
1 tbsp lemon zest
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 tbsp olive oil, divided in half
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
6 lemon slices
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds, for topping
1) Combine lemon juice, olive oil, white wine and chicken breasts in a large glass bowl. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
2) Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 13x9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
3) In a medium bowl, combine flour, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Remove chicken from marinade (discard remaining marinade) and lightly coat in flour mixture, shaking off excess.
4) In a large skillet, heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil over medium heat. Add half the chicken breasts and cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer browned chicken to the prepared baking dish and repeat with remaining 2 tbsp oil and chicken, adding to baking dish in a single layer.
5) Sprinkle brown sugar over chicken breasts. Pour chicken broth and lemon juice around chicken. Top each breast with a lemon slice and bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.