Balsamic Chicken Recipe
Tired of looking for the perfect, dependable, crowd-pleasing chicken recipe? Search no further than this Balsamic Chicken, a juicy, breadcrumb and Parmesan-coated chicken that is topped with a dark beauty-of-a-sauce, a balsamic sauce that includes sweet peppers, plump raisins and toasted slivered almonds.
Bite Me Bit
"I could have sexual chemistry with vinegar."
1/4 cup flour
2 large egg whites
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 tsp olive oil
2 large red bell peppers, sliced into strips
2 large green peppers, sliced into strips
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground
1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds, for topping
1) Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
2) Place flour in a shallow dish. Put egg whites in a separate bowl. Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan in a third dish. Dust chicken with flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in egg whites and then coat in the breadcrumb mixture.
3) In a large skillet, heat olive oil over high heat. Sauté the chicken for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet and finish cooking in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
4) For the sauce, in a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add red and green peppers and sauté for 8 minutes. Add raisins and stir for 1 minute. Add the balsamic vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper, mixing 1-2 minutes, coating the peppers.
5) To serve, slice chicken and top with balsamic sauce and toasted almonds.