Grilled Asian Tuna Burger Recipe
You don’t care where the beef is and you don’t want to talk turkey? Try this easy and delicious Asian Tuna Burger recipe – topped with a spicy wasabi mayonnaise, this tasty tuna burger will give you plenty to bite in to.
Bite Me Bit
“What if you mix the mayonnaise in the can with the tunafish? Or... hold it! Chuck! I got it! Take live tuna fish and feed ‘em mayonnaise!"
– Michael Keaton in Night Shift
Asian Tuna Burger
1 1/2 lbs tuna steaks, finely chopped by hand
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 large garlic clove, minced
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
6 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp rice vinegar
1 tsp wasabi powder (or more if you want it spicier)
6 hamburger buns
2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
3 large tomatoes, sliced
1) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2) For the burgers, in a medium bowl, mix chopped tuna with soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper. Using wet hands to prevent sticking, divide the mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping into patties about 1-inch thick. Place on prepared baking sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes before grilling.
3) For the sauce, in a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, soy sauce, rice vinegar and wasabi powder. Cover and refrigerate at least 15 minutes, allowing flavors to blend.
4) Coat grill rack with oil and heat to medium. Grill tuna burgers, about 3 minutes per side for medium doneness. Remove from grill and let stand 5 minutes. Place on bun and top with wasabi mayonnaise, shredded lettuce and sliced tomato.