Holiday: Top 5 Ways to Liven Up Thanksgiving
Love your Thanksgiving traditions but feeling a bit of turkey tedium? Here are 5 ways you can liven things up (It's a Turkeypalooza!) and leave everyone feeling grateful.
1) DO THE UNEXPECTED There's only so much fun you can have with pumpkins and potatoes. Consider adding some creative décor ideas such as dollar store turkey basters as place cards and swags of Bounty chocolate bars hung across doorways.
2) BE GAME How about getting in the spirit with a round of Thanksgiving Trivia between courses and watch as aunts and uncles duke it out over the prize, a bottle of Wild Turkey.
3) STEP RIGHT UP A super sweet idea for the kids is to set up a Caramel Apple Station for dessert. With toppings such as sprinkles, candy and mini marshmallows, you can't go wrong.
4) SAY 'THANKS' AT THE TABLE Wrap your table in muslin and provide guests with fabric markers and the chance to write/draw what they're grateful for. Keep adding to this special cloth year after year.
5) RELAX Sounds impossible, right? Not so. Put out a buffet of foods that can be prepared in advance and make it even easier for little kids by putting together mini turkey and stuffing sandwiches slathered in homemade cranberry sauce