Us sisters go together like peanut butter and jelly, peanut butter and chocolate, peanut butter and bananas…you get the picture. We’re nuts for peanut butter, the spreadable deliciousness that makes everything better.
While we’ll get to how to you can eat and drink it (yes, recipes ahead), here are the...
1. It takes approximately 540 peanuts to make a 12-ounce jar of peanut butter.
2. Peanut butter’s high protein and fat draws moisture from your mouth. That’s why it sticks to the roof of your mouth.
3. Arachibutyrophobia is the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
4. Sales numbers show that people on the East Coast prefer creamy peanut butter, while those on the West prefer crunchy style. As well, women and children prefer creamy while the majority of chunky-lovers are men.
5. Peanut butter was the secret behind “Mr. Ed,” the talking horse on TV. Peanut butter was spread inside his mouth to create a natural talking movement every time he moved his sticky jaws.
6. President Bill Clinton has listed peanut butter and banana as one of his favorite sandwiches.
7. The world record for eating peanut butter & jelly sandwiches is 6 in 60 seconds.
8. When making a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, 96% of people put the peanut butter on before the jelly.
9. Americans eat 700 million pounds of peanut butter per year…that’s 3 pounds per person.
10. A Harvard Medical School study showed that regularly eating peanut butter can improve breast health.
Learn how to throw a Peanut Butter Party that’ll make everyone nutty! Click below to read more.