EASY DINNER HACK - Zesty Chicken and Rice Skillet Recipe
This Zesty Chicken and Rice Skillet recipe has everything you need for a delicious weeknight dinner! It's super quick and easy and it beats calling the pizza guy. So pick up a can of Campbell's Condensed Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup and get ready to get cooking.
2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
4 (about 1 lb/ 454 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (284 mL) Campbell's® Condensed Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
1 3/4 cups (435 mL) water
2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
1/2 tsp (3 mL) black pepper (optional)
1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried Italian seasoning
3/4 cup (185 mL) long grain white rice or brown rice (8- to10-minute quick-cooking variety)
3 cups (750 mL) fresh baby spinach
2 cups (500 mL) grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1) Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 4 minutes per side until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Reduce the heat to medium-low.
2) Stir in garlic cook, stirring, 30 seconds until fragrant.
3) Stir in soup, water, lemon juice, pepper (optional) and Italian seasoning bring to a simmer, stirring often.
4) Stir in rice. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
5) Top with spinach and half of the tomatoes. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes until spinach is wilted and rice is tender. Remove from heat let stand, covered, for 2 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
6) Top rice mixture with chicken and sprinkle with remaining tomatoes.
Top with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Don't like spinach? Use thinly sliced peppers, carrots or mushrooms!