Crispy Fish Sandwich with Tartar Sauce
Fish is healthy, right? Not when it’s battered and fried, and that’s why we’ve come up with this baked version, a super easy Cornmeal Crusted Cod Sandwich, topped with crunchy lettuce and creamy tartar sauce.
Bite Me Bit
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, oh my God...I could be eating a slow learner."
Cornmeal Crusted Cod
1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup milk
6 (6oz) cod fillets
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup finely chopped dill pickle
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
Pinch of cayenne pepper
6 hamburger buns
Shredded iceberg lettuce
1) Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
2) In a medium bowl, combine cornmeal, salt and pepper. Pour the milk into a separate bowl.
3) Working with one fillet at a time, dip the fish in milk and then dredge in the cornmeal mixture, completely coating the fish. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for 7 minutes. Flip fillets and bake an additional 6 minutes, until golden.
4) For the tartar sauce, in a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, pickle, lemon juice, Dijon mustard and cayenne pepper.
5) To serve, put crusted fish in buns and top with tartar sauce and shredded lettuce.