Peach Crumb Cake Recipe with Crumble Topping
Not only is this Peach Crumb Cake delicious and foolproof, but it's also perfect for every meal (love it for breakfast, lunch and dessert!) and season (no fresh peaches required)! The moist vanilla flavored cake is dotted with juicy peach slices and topped with a sweet crumb topping.
Bite Me Bit
“Life is better than death, I believe, if only because it is less boring, and because it has fresh peaches in it.”
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp baking soda
2¼ cups flour
1 cup sugar
¾ cup butter, softened
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp kosher salt
2½ cups canned sliced peaches, drained well
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
2) In a 2-cup measuring cup, combine sour cream and baking soda. Set aside.
3) In a food processor, combine flour, sugar and butter. Pulse on and off until blended and crumbly, 10-15 seconds. Remove and set aside 1 cup of the flour mixture for the cake topping.
4) Add the eggs, vanilla, baking powder, salt and sour cream to the remaining mixture in the food processor. Pulse 4 times on and off, scraping down the bowl once or twice. Do not overmix.
5) Spread half of the batter in the prepared baking pan. Place sliced peaches atop and cover with remaining batter. Sprinkle reserved crumbs to cover the top of the cake.
6) Bake 48-50 minutes or until the cake is lightly browned around the edges. Note that testing the center of the cake with a toothpick won’t give an accurate result as the peaches are wet and the toothpick will come out wet even when the cake is fully baked.