Juicy Hamburger with Special Sauce Recipe
Looking for the best reason to fire up your grill? This hamburger is it…this is our juiciest, tastiest, most tried and true burger recipe out there. A mix of ground beef, barbecue sauce and Dijon mustard, this flavorful burger is topped with our now-not-so-secret Special Sauce and has been served to hundreds (if not millions) happy customers!
Bite Me Bit
“I love this burger so much, I want to sew my ass shut.”
– Barney Stinson, How I Met Your Mother
2 lbs lean ground beef
1/4 cup barbeque sauce
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 hamburger buns
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tbsp sweet green relish
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1) Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2) Place ground beef, barbeque sauce, breadcrumbs, Dijon mustard, olive oil, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Mix all ingredients together using your hands, taking care not to handle the meat too much. Form the meat into 4 (8oz) patties.
3) Lightly oil the grilling surface and place the patties on the preheated grill. Cook for about 6-8 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness. Remove from grill.
4) For the special sauce, in a small bowl, whisk ketchup, mayonnaise, relish, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Spread onto the insides of the buns and top with burger.
Serves 4 very hungry carnivores